Skip to main content

ProjectCheckinNotifyWorkflowMessage - Project Server

While developing a new program in Project Server CSOM today I got a strange error message in the queue:

 GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - WorkflowCheckinNotify.ProjectCheckinNotifyWorkflowMessage.   
 Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='c71ab4e8-161e-e411-94b6-00155d006e04'   
 JobUID='c41ab4e8-161e-e411-94b6-00155d006e04'   
 ComputerName='20cd9b2e-c115-41ab-b138-70be4280f816'   
 GroupType='WorkflowCheckinNotify'   
 MessageType='ProjectCheckinNotifyWorkflowMessage' MessageId='1' Stage=''   
 CorrelationUID='4620ac9c-98d6-207f-0f81-68c3227e07e2'.   
 For more details, check the ULS logs on machine 20cd9b2e-c115-41ab-b138-70be4280f816 for entries with JobUID c41ab4e8-161e-e411-94b6-00155d006e04.   

The program was trying to insert a new task in a project. Inserting the task manually through the PWA also causes the error. There is no workflow on my EPT which makes the error message much more confusing.
The ULS logs didn't provide any other information.

Reason

The reason for the error is strait forward. I had not configured outgoing e-mail settings and when Project Server tried to send an email on workflow check-in it causes the error.

Solution

Disable notifications under Manage My Alerts in the PWA
or
Configure outgoing e-mail settings in SharePoint-Central Administration.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Azure DevOps - Gantt Chart

It's been a while since my last post - in the past couple of weeks I have played around with some videos of topics I find interesting. One of these topics are a very cool way of displaying a Gantt Chart upon your Azure DevOps board's. Check it out here!

How to integrate MS Planner in MS Roadmap (Gantt chart)

Hi, It is no secret i am exited about the new Roadmap service from Microsoft. Even though only limited features have been released I beleive Roadmap and the new Project home have great potential. Anyway, check out my video on how to connect Planner into Roadmap with Microsoft Flow.

SharePoint Sites and Pages Powershell Warmup Script

Very nice little script i created to warmup all PWA pages and workspaces. Simply replace the SiteURL and the SitePages with your own values and place the code in a file named "SharePointWarmup.ps1". Run the script in Powershell or  Task Scheduler . $SiteURL = "http://intra/PWA/" $SitePages = "default.aspx", "projects.aspx", "ProjectBICenter/_layouts/15/xlviewer.aspx?id=/PWA/ProjectBICenter/Sample%20Reports/Projectum/DailyCommentsReport%20v7%20-%20PowerView.xlsx&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fintra%2FPWA%2FProjectBICenter%2FSample%2520Reports%2FForms%2FAllItems%2Easpx%3FRootFolder%3D%252FPWA%252FProjectBICenter%252FSample%2520Reports%252FProjectum%26FolderCTID%3D0x012000271EBEF22B819D4AA417BE3C68ADBA34%26View%3D%257B857402E5%252DF616%252D4DC2%252DA880%252D5CFC03D52EFA%257D", "Project%20Detail%20Pages/Project%20Information.aspx", "project%20detail%20pages/schedule.aspx", "project%20detail%20pa...