Skip to main content

MS Project VBA - Read Lookup Table/Custom Field


After Project Online and heavy use of the PWA-Schedule features in Project Server 2010/2013 I rarely get use for my VBA skills anymore.

However today I needed to update a lot of resources in Resource Center with a value from a lookuptable. Therefore I needed a way to loop through all the lookuptable/custom field values and use the value.

After a little digging I found a way to read out all the lookuptable values through VBA. And of cause I need to share this.

VBA to read all lookuptable values from the RBS lookuptable 

 Sub ReadRBSLookuptable()  
 'Created by Christian Holse Fanning  
 Dim lookupTableName As String  
 lookupTableName = "RBS"  
 Dim rbsLT As LookupTable  
 Dim ltValue As LookupTableEntry  
   For i = 1 To Application.GlobalOutlineCodes.Count  
     If Application.GlobalOutlineCodes(i).Name = Trim(lookupTableName) Then  
       Set rbsLT = Application.GlobalOutlineCodes(i).LookupTable  
     End If  
   Next i  
   If Not IsNull(rbsLT) And Not (rbsLT Is Nothing) Then  
     For Each ltValue In rbsLT  
       Debug.Print ltValue.FullName  
     Next ltValue  
   End If  
 End Sub  


Hope someone can use this.

Comments

  1. To use this approach with Project Professional,
    replace Application.GlobalOutlineCodes
    with ActiveProject.OutlineCodes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Azure DevOps - Gantt Chart

It's been a while since my last post - in the past couple of weeks I have played around with some videos of topics I find interesting. One of these topics are a very cool way of displaying a Gantt Chart upon your Azure DevOps board's. Check it out here!

How to integrate MS Planner in MS Roadmap (Gantt chart)

Hi, It is no secret i am exited about the new Roadmap service from Microsoft. Even though only limited features have been released I beleive Roadmap and the new Project home have great potential. Anyway, check out my video on how to connect Planner into Roadmap with Microsoft Flow.

SharePoint Sites and Pages Powershell Warmup Script

Very nice little script i created to warmup all PWA pages and workspaces. Simply replace the SiteURL and the SitePages with your own values and place the code in a file named "SharePointWarmup.ps1". Run the script in Powershell or  Task Scheduler . $SiteURL = "http://intra/PWA/" $SitePages = "default.aspx", "projects.aspx", "ProjectBICenter/_layouts/15/xlviewer.aspx?id=/PWA/ProjectBICenter/Sample%20Reports/Projectum/DailyCommentsReport%20v7%20-%20PowerView.xlsx&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fintra%2FPWA%2FProjectBICenter%2FSample%2520Reports%2FForms%2FAllItems%2Easpx%3FRootFolder%3D%252FPWA%252FProjectBICenter%252FSample%2520Reports%252FProjectum%26FolderCTID%3D0x012000271EBEF22B819D4AA417BE3C68ADBA34%26View%3D%257B857402E5%252DF616%252D4DC2%252DA880%252D5CFC03D52EFA%257D", "Project%20Detail%20Pages/Project%20Information.aspx", "project%20detail%20pages/schedule.aspx", "project%20detail%20pa...