Skip to main content

Project Server - Change field name on PDP for standard fields (like the Owner field)

Project Server - Change owner field name on PDP

The field names on the PDPs (Project Detail Pages) has been preselected on the standard fields for a project. If you want to change the Owner to something else it is quite difficult. In the following i will explain how we can change this field through the Content Editor webpart.
To change the owner field add a Content Editor webpart to the PDP page where the field is inserted.

Select the webpart and from the ribbon select HTML->Edit HTML Source.
Copy/Paste the following code into the Content Editor webpart.

<script type="text/javascript">
    var old_name = "Owner";
    var new_name = "Ansvarlig";
    var ttnA = document.getElementsByTagName("div");
    for (var j = 0; j < ttnA.length; j++) {
        var orig = ttnA[j].innerHTML;
        var stripped = orig.replace(/^\s*/, "").replace(/\s*$/, "");
        if (stripped == old_name) {
            ttnA[j].innerHTML = new_name;
        }
    }
</script>

Replace “Owner” with the field you want to change the name for and replace “Ansvarlig” with the value you want to display the field as.

Click OK and Stop Editing and the field name should be updated.


Comments

  1. Hi Christian!
    Have you tried it for Project Server 2013? I can't make it work in a 2013 PDP and wondering if the code could be used as is or need some tweeking?
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To get the script to work in Project Server 2013 change the following line
    var ttnA = document.getElementsByTagName("div");
    to
    var ttnA = document.getElementsByTagName("h3");

    Place the content editor wep part in the Footer panel

    ReplyDelete
  3. what if i want to change name of three custom fields,would it be works?
    I am able to change lable of owner field to my desired label when i place content webpart under owner field,it works fine for me.

    What if any field placed at top of page,can this query works?

    SUmit Arora

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Error occurred in deployment step 'Add Solution': Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.

Received this error today when trying to create a SharePoint solution against a newly created site.


My first problem was the site was configured to use a port which was already used by another web site. Therefore the site could not start at all.

In my case both Default Web Site and SharePoint - 2000 was both using port 2000. Changing the port of Default Web Site and I was able to start the site.

However now I still received the same error message. When browsing the site I realized I did not have access to the site.

Giving access to my user and I was able to deploy the solution.

To sum up this post:
 - Check the site can start
 - Check the site can be browsed
 - Check your user have access to the site

SharePoint 2013 : Cannot connect to the targeted site.

On my Contoso environment I was trying to create a sandboxed solution. I have already configured my app domain and app management services. But when I tried to validate the site I got the following error message.
Error

Cannot connect to the targeted site. This error can occur if the specified site is not hosted on the local system. SharePoint solutions work only with locally-installed versions of SharePoint Foundation or SharePoint Server. Remote development is supported only for apps for SharePoint 2013.
If you search around the internet you will find many people suggesting to change your host file from 127.0.0.1 to the actual IP.

Solution However the solution, at least on a Contoso environment, is to type in the actual IP address in the host file.
(the IP 192.168.150.1 is the special IP for Contoso, I have 2 network adapters)
And do not forget to clear/flush the DNS cache. Now the solution can be created and validates.


PowerShell results size unlimited/truncated - $FormatEnumerationLimit/Width

Ever experienced the problem where you run a Powershell command and you cannot see the whole result because the result is truncated.

Problem: If you for example run the Test-SPsite command you might see something like the following:


Site : SPSite Url=http://atlas/pwa Results : { SPSiteHealthResult Status=Passed RuleName="Conflicting Content Types" RuleId=befe203b-a8c0-48c2-b5f0-27c10f9e1622, SPSiteHealthResult Status=FailedWarning RuleName="Customized Files" RuleId=cd839b0d-9707-4950-8fac-f306cb920f6c, SPSiteHealthResult Status=Passed RuleName="Missing Galleries" RuleId=ee967197-ccbe-4c00-88e4-e6fab81145e1, SPSiteHealthResult Status=Passed RuleName="Missing Parent Content Types" RuleId=a9a6769f-7289-4b9f-ae7f-5db4b997d284, SPSiteHealthResult Status=FailedError RuleName="Missing Site Templates" RuleId=5258ccf5-e7d6-4df7-b8ae-12fcc0513ebd, …